I am ordering a set of 12in Kicker L7 subs and i don't know which amp would work the best with these?...like power and quality wise.
I am ordering a set of 12in Kicker L7 subs and i don't know which amp would work the best with these?...like power and quality wise.
I'd go into the 1600 range of power. PM my brother, True Loser he knows more about that stuff than anybody around. He also has an amp for sale.
If you are getting two of these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...mp;i=2066S12L7
then you will need an amp that will put out 1100 to 1500 watts RMS at a 1-ohm load if you wire the subs is parallel. You generally want to power your subs 70-100% of their max power.
This Kenwood amp pushes 1200 watts RMS at 2-ohm and 1-ohm. So if you want to use just one amp this is a good match.
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...mp;I=113KACX1R
Or you could get one amp to power each sub since they are so power hungry, and in that case you would want 2 amps that can push 750 watts RMS at a 2-ohm load. Like this amp:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...mp;I=206ZX7501
"I may not have been the greatest president, but I've had the most fun eight years." Bill Clinton
when i got my 4 15" rockford fosgate subs we hooked them up to three of the kenwoods at 1200 watts a piece on the 1-ohm setting and i have already cracked two windshields when i put on a hard hitting song
you should really considering going with mmatts. Cost shouldn't be much more but their subs are a lot better. Just a personal opinion though.
ya i have actually looked into that a few times but it has just been hard for me to find the number and size that i want cause i am wanting to take my system up to 6 15" subs
man if you got the money to blow into this system then try checking out the 18" kicker solo x subs. 10,000 watt peak!!! yeah, 10k. then get you a 10,000 watt excaliber amp. your ears will bleed... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
i'm just tryin to have a lil bump haha
not tryin to go deaf
haha. yeah. i have a friend with a 12 kicker l5 i think. maybe l7 in his eclipse. but he just has 720 going to it. actually its not even turned up all the way but i know that "oxy cotton" literally hurts. his is the loudest that ive ever heard.
just tell me what is the point in having your sterio that loud?
Bookmarks